Aug 7, 2014

[#14] About Me : Part4 (About My Academic Life)

When I entered my college, my interest was in chemistry. My class consisted of chemistry students, biology students, physics students, and also medical students.
In first and second years, we studied together not specially about our majors but about liberal arts. We could share our knowledge and also get  common ground. Those days are my precious memory.

In third year in my college, finally we were divided to our own faculties. I chose engineering, especially social engineering as my major. I was interested in treating society as "system" and solving the system with mathematical methods. However, unfortunately, as you know, I was far too busy to devote myself to studying because I was absorbed in dancing. So I have almost no memory of class rooms in those four years.

After graduating from college, I entered a graduate school of my college. This time my major was engineering again, but in fact my course was about business. I thought that learning only about engineering was not enough to do something interesting and exciting in real society in my future.
In graduate school, I changed my attitude completely and studied hard. Now I leave only one thesis for graduation, and I’m almost ready to start working. I’m so excited now!

However, there is still one thing that I must acquire. It is indispensable thing to do something big and exciting. That is an international way of thinking. I had no experience of living in other countries. That’s why I came to Yale.

(To be continued…)

No comments:

Post a Comment