Jul 8, 2014

[#3] My dream came true on independence day.

On the 4th of July, I was about to die.

On that day, most of ELI students went to the Outdoor Education Center of Yale University.
Unfortunately, it was raining. So we had to be inside of tents and just talk to each other.

Placid Lake

Suddenly a friend of mine, Edouard, proposed me to plunge into the lake and swim. It seemed very cold and, what was worse, a flood warning was in effect for the area. I thought he was totally crazy.

However, since I had brought my bathing suit with me, I thought that it was foolish not using it. Then I decided to go with him. There were only two of us.
Everybody looked at us and must have thought that we two were idiots, but we only followed the instruction given by Yale. “Bring your bathing suit!” it said!

So we got into the lake carefully, and you know what? It was quite warm inside the water! We felt really good and kept going. We couldn’t touch bottom with our feet anymore.

Suddenly, my legs were caught by something like rope. Was it a giant snake? Or a monster octopus? I couldn’t make our legs moving. I couldn’t even float on the water! EMERGENCY! I’m dying!

Monster?!

I made a last-ditch of effort to lift my legs and… I saw my legs just covered with ivy. Oh, I finally got into the Ivy League.
Thank you Mom and Dad!



1 comment: