Jul 21, 2014

[#6] The Golden Rule of Watching Archery Matches

What do you think is the pleasure of watching baseball games? Yes it is! Making some noise, Singing a song... do you know the song? “Take me out to the ball game, take me out to the crowd….” That’s it. And of course, eating some peanuts and cracker jacks is another happy moment. These things in the stadium are so fun! That's the rule of watching baseball games.

Today, however, I don’t want to talk about the golden rule of watching baseball games, but instead I want to address archery matches. I was pretty good at archery in my high school days, and I participated even in a national tournament in Japan. So I am an expert in the field I guarantee. I’m going to explain three factors of watching archery matches. Then, I want to summarize them and give you one very important rule.

Arrows hit the center of the target!

First of all, archery is Dangerous. In archery, we use long bows and six arrows, and aim at the target far far away. The distances are 30m, 50m, 70m and even 90m! It’s really far! If a player misses, fast and sharp arrow can fly somewhere else! So you shouldn’t move around the stadium. If you walk nearby the targets, you will be the next target. So please, NO MOVING.

Secondly, archery needs concentration. A Japanese Olympic gold medalist said that “Archery is the battle against myself. There’s no rival but me.” He suggests that concentration is extremely important for archery. If someone suddenly shouts a player’s name, his/her concentration will be completely destroyed in a moment. So please, NO NOISE.

Lastly, archery matches are, to be honest, quite monotonous. Of course archery itself is very interesting. I love it. BUT especially for spectators, it seems there are no tactics, strategies, or dramatic come-from-behind victory. There’s just repetition of the completely same moves. Zap, tik. Zap, tik. Zap, tik……. So please remember, it’s SO BORING.

An archery match

OK now, we’ve got three factors of archery matches. 

- NO MOVING
- NO NOISE
- SO BORING

So, what can be inferred from these? Let me tell you. This is the golden rule of watching archery matches:
You can sleep, but please, don’t snore.

Please be sound asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment