Jul 31, 2014

[#10] I don't care about others anymore.

For me, the atmosphere of the US is very easygoing. I don't say just American people are easygoing. I have another reason to think so.

In US, there are truly many different types of people, like Caucasian, African, Latino, Asian…  Also, all of them have their own language and unique cultural background. These things are too different to understand each other quickly. So in my opinion, people in the US can’t understand each other without some effort. That’s the point. That’s the reason why I feel it comfortable and easygoing.

Melting pot

In Japan, everyone is so similar, I mean, people in Japan are really monotonous. Mostly all of them share pretty close cultural backgrounds like common senses, childhood memory, food preferences, sense of beauty, academic background and so on. I would understand what the middle-aged guy sitting next to me in the subway thinks, and also what the school girl sitting in front of me feels too. Do you think that is comfortable and convenient? Sometimes yes, I guess.
However, knowing too much about each other sometimes can be another big problem. I mean, your every single behavior tells other people about yourself in detail. What you feel and what you think can be conveyed really easily without any effort.

Freezing pot

In contrast, in the US, every communication needs some effort. This must be an overstatement, but maybe people can never understand each other completely! So, in that sense, people don’t have to pay too much effort to know about each other. Everyone can be, and should be what he/she wants to be. I like this circumstance. I love it! I don’t care about others anymore.

Going her own way...

No comments:

Post a Comment